Chocolate Truffle Cake… Very Easy, Very Impressive, Extra Moist!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 3 hours
9 oz. Unsweetened Baking Chocolate (or your favorite high-quality dark chocolate at 70% cocoa)9 oz. Granulated Sugar
9 oz. Butter
6 Eggs (separate whites and yolks!)
Butter for cake pan
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F1.
Melt chocolate and butter in a bain-marie (double-boiler) without ever letting the water boil.
Stir until smooth.
Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Whisk egg yolks with the sugar and then gently stir in the chocolate.
3. Beat the egg whites until firm and "snowy". Gently stir into batter.
4. Pour 2/3 of batter into a buttered cake pan.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Put the remaining 1/3 of batter in the refrigerator -- it's going to make the truffle cream!.
5. Let cake cool off and then remove from cake dish.
Very carefully, cut the cake into two disks (cut in half lengthwise.)
6. Whisk the remaining third of batter to give it a little volume and air.
7. Gently spread half of batter "cream" on one disk. Cover with other disk.
Spread the rest of the batter on the top.
Put in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
The best moist chocolate cake recipe!
Tip:If you are nervous about slicing the cake in half (as it is VERY moist!!!) you don't have to. Served as a one layer cake, this dessert is every bit as delicious, just a tad less fancy.
Serving Ideas:I serve this exquisite truffle cake as is. However, if you would like to decorate the top, go ahead. You could sprinkle some crushed nuts, or add a strawberry in the center… or I'm sure that you have tons of other ideas! In any case, enjoy! It really is the best moist chocolate cake recipe -- just fantastic!!!This beautiful dessert looks especially enticing on a tiered dessert server. So, if you have one, you might want to use it.
Post a Comment